Saturday, January 20, 2007

Hello! My name is Sarah Barnett. I'm a 19-year-old sophomore, and I'm majoring in psychology. Both years of my college experience have been here at Wesleyan. I come from a very small town in West Virginia: there's one stop-light. About thirty of my graduating class went to college, and, sadly, around 10 moved back home and are going to the community college. However, I'm determined to graduate from this place in four years.

Hmm. . . so now why did I take this class? Well, socociology has always interested me since high school. Also, I know so little about the world around me that I hoped this class would force me to pay attention to what happening. This lack of knowledge makes me apprehensive about the course. Another reason, which may sound a bit retarded, I took the class is because my boyfriend has different political viewpoints than I do, but whenever we get into an dicussion I always sound really ignorant. Hopefully, this class will enable me to have an intelligent counter. The final concerns me a bit because I always panic when I have to sit down and write an essay in a certain amount of time. This class will be challenging with the readings and research that I'm going to have to do on my own, but I excited about how much I will learn.

1 comment:

HannaH13 said...

The comment about your boyfriend is too funny! It's amazing what girls will do for guys...we must look more intelligent haha. I'm glad I met you...I could not ask to sit beside someone nicer :-) I'm sure together we will do well in this class...we are already doing pretty well together!!!